Protect Our Parks

Through the month of July, Jack Wolfskin North America is celebrating our national parks with unique insights into the Mighty Five in the great State of Utah. Within the National Park System, there are 63 designated national parks. It is up to the National Park Service, created in 1916, to ensure the protection of the natural resources within each park and enforce restrictions to preserve the natural beauty for all visitors. However, we can all play a part. Here are some ways you can help preserve our parks:

blog feature image

Pack It In - Pack It Out: Take any trash you bring into the park with you when you leave and pick up trash you see along the trail. Bring a designated bag on your next visit to help out.

Stay On Marked Trails: Walking off trail can be potentially dangerous to you, damage plants and ruin the natural habitat of animals. Stay on the trail and don’t bust the crust!

Keep Animals Wild: Always adhere to park guidance on interactions with wildlife. You should never feed, approach, or interfere with animals in nature. This minimizes risk to humans and animals alike.

Pay Your Dues: Park entrance fees are an important source of revenue and help improve the visitor experience. Did you know that 80% of the park fee stays within that park and the other 20% goes to parks that do not collect entrance fees?

Get Involved: Consider donating to organizations that protect our parks like the National Park Foundation (NPF). The NPF is the official charity of America’s national parks and nonprofit partner to the National Park Service. It invests in programs like park accessibility, historic restoration, ecosystem research and waste reduction.